You are not logged in.

Sunday, April 6th 2008, 12:33pm

New installation with Hunter ICC 800

I am installing a system in my newly built house. This will be my second system under my belt, hopefully I learned a few lessons with my first install which I was very happy with. I have done alot of research and think I have come up with a good plan with quality equipment,but would like to confirm with the seasoned professionals that I have not lost my way and will be wasting my time and money. I am expecting to slightly over engineer my project and if that means an extra $200-$300 I'm OK with that, but I don't want to cut corners to save a few $ and then find myself digging up a cheap valve every year or so or spending numerous weekends maintaining the system. I have chosen the following components for the project.

Hunter ICC 800 Controller, Hunter HPV Valves, Hunter I-20 Ultra Rotors, Hunter Institutional 04 Sprays w/check valve and Rain Bird Matched Precipatation Rate nozzles.

The system will intially have 7 zones ranging from 9-12 gpm, 1" CL200 laterals and 1.25" Sch 40 supply lines, a master control valve(Hunter HPV same as other valves). Water supply is at 70psi(static) capable of 30gpm. Later the system will expand to include a drip zone and possible additional shrub and turf zones by way of an additional 4 zone module.

If there is anything that appears to be a mismatch or poor choice can you please give me your comments before I spend a week of vacation and $1500 on a system that is not up to expectation. Thank you for your help.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 6th 2008, 1:28pm

Personal preference

It looks good to me. I like your spray choice and nozzle choice, controller. The rotor choice is high dollar when the Hunter PGP is an awesome head. I prefer the rainbird valves DV100.

have a great project.

Dan

P.S. Use a Febco Backflow device, again personal preference.
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread