You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, April 6th 2008, 12:33pm

New installation with Hunter ICC 800

I am installing a system in my newly built house. This will be my second system under my belt, hopefully I learned a few lessons with my first install which I was very happy with. I have done alot of research and think I have come up with a good plan with quality equipment,but would like to confirm with the seasoned professionals that I have not lost my way and will be wasting my time and money. I am expecting to slightly over engineer my project and if that means an extra $200-$300 I'm OK with that, but I don't want to cut corners to save a few $ and then find myself digging up a cheap valve every year or so or spending numerous weekends maintaining the system. I have chosen the following components for the project.

Hunter ICC 800 Controller, Hunter HPV Valves, Hunter I-20 Ultra Rotors, Hunter Institutional 04 Sprays w/check valve and Rain Bird Matched Precipatation Rate nozzles.

The system will intially have 7 zones ranging from 9-12 gpm, 1" CL200 laterals and 1.25" Sch 40 supply lines, a master control valve(Hunter HPV same as other valves). Water supply is at 70psi(static) capable of 30gpm. Later the system will expand to include a drip zone and possible additional shrub and turf zones by way of an additional 4 zone module.

If there is anything that appears to be a mismatch or poor choice can you please give me your comments before I spend a week of vacation and $1500 on a system that is not up to expectation. Thank you for your help.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 6th 2008, 1:28pm

Personal preference

It looks good to me. I like your spray choice and nozzle choice, controller. The rotor choice is high dollar when the Hunter PGP is an awesome head. I prefer the rainbird valves DV100.

have a great project.

Dan

P.S. Use a Febco Backflow device, again personal preference.
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread