You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bobbyy

Tuesday, April 22nd 2008, 8:02am

Febco 765-1 Still leaking

Hi!

I recently replaced the bonnet and poppet with a new kit on my Febco 765-1 as the existing one broke during a freeze. After replacing it water still is pouring out of the canopy. I reseated the check assembly but each time I turn on the water supply water gushes out. Can't imagine why this is occuring as this has happened in past year and a new bonnet/poppet kit seemed to do the trick. Is it perhaps related to a defective ball valve on the outflow side or do I need to replace the check assembly? I don't suspect it to have anything to do with water pressure. ID on the breaker shows 765-1 so I'm sure I'm using the right kit.

Thanks!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 22nd 2008, 2:53pm

You have the PVB outlet valve closed when you open the supply valve?

bobbyy

Tuesday, April 22nd 2008, 6:43pm

Called my tech and he got it to work X(

During my efforts guess I wasn't opening the outlet valve fast enough. The valves in the green control box are also supposed to be closed I'm told. I wasn't getting pressure to the device. Any additional comment is welcome as I'm still hazy on the startup procedure.