You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BobS

Starting Member

Saturday, April 26th 2008, 11:28am

Rainbird JTV-100

I have a Rainbird JTV-100 valve that only works when I release the bleedscrew or rotate the solenoid. It will not work when I manually turn it on at the Controller.

I have checked the voltage at the Controller, and I get approximately 26-28 volts. I have checked the voltage at the Valve and I get the same thing (both connected to the solenoid and not connected to the solenoid). I have checked the ohms and get approximately 45 ohms.

Additionally, I have checked the common connection at both the upper and lower connection points, and all appears to be ok.

I have also replaced the solenoid (several times) and replaced the diaphram (several times). With each item replaced I have also performed the electrical checks mentioned above.

The only thing I haven't replaced is the bottom portion of the original valve.

Does anyone have a suggestion that might help me? (Unfortunately this zone is one of the MOST important in the system).

Thanks.

BobS

mrfixit

Saturday, April 26th 2008, 9:55pm

Wild guess

Since your other valves work with the same ohm and volt readings I'm not concerned with that at all. Personally I've never installed this valve. I've never seen it installed. A RainBird jartop is a rare sight around these parts. It sounds like some debris is clogging a port. Also, is there a valve right next to it? If so,switch solenoids and wires and see if it comes on. If it comes on by switching solenoids from another valve that works then you have a wiring problem. Check all your connections. What happens when you put the solenoid and wires from the valve that doesn't work onto a valve you know that works? If that valve comes on again I'd say something's clogged. If not it's the wiring. Is it new and installed backwards? That's a good start. Good luck!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread