You are not logged in.

gh1120

Saturday, April 26th 2008, 8:59pm

Wilkins 720A problem????

I installed a wilkins 720A PVB. I pressurized per the instructions. When I had the inlet side open, everything seemed to be fine. When I openned the oulet side, water starting coming out from under the cap. If I closed the outet it stopped. What I did notice was if I left the outlet side open partially, no problems. Not sure if this is correct or I have a problem.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 27th 2008, 6:11am

Low pressure will allow the 720 to vent water. Even in a good system, there can be pressures this low when a zone is opened. I see it on some well water systems when opening the system in the spring, with the zone lines full of air.

gh1120

Sunday, April 27th 2008, 7:39am

thanks. so I do anything or is it ok?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 27th 2008, 11:06am

You can't 'do' anything, except to always have enough pressure to keep the device sealed. The design of the system figures into this. At least the Wilkins will reseal itself. Some others will continue to spew water, should the spring-loaded poppet ever drop.

gh1120

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 8:12pm

Thanks. I wanted to provide an update. I had closed the outflow side valve which then stopped the water spewing. I then openned the outflow vavle slowly to full open and no water spewed out.