You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Brun

Starting Member

Tuesday, April 29th 2008, 6:59am

Help display blank problem - Rain Bird E Class Controller

Hello,

I found my Rain Bird Controller E-12i display blank. Currently, I am checking the power for the controller. I verified the 120 VAC for the transformer. But I am unsure about the output voltages from transformer. Comparing the ground wire (green) to the two 24 VAC wires (black), found one wire with 24 VAC. The other wire was 0 VAC. Question, should both wires have 24 VAC?

Thanks,

Brun

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 30th 2008, 9:55am

There is a quirky reset that you can see when you take off the cover on the low side of the timer?

It looks like a whole or a slit and it should say reset. You leave the power on and slide a small flat head screwdriver into the slot for about ten seconds with a good connection. You should see it reset the timer. You will have to reprogram the timer. If it does not work the first time do it again. Try it out.

Dan
:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

cbrown

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 2:27pm

Brun

<But I am unsure about the output voltages from transformer. Comparing the ground wire (green) to the two 24 VAC wires (black), found one wire with 24 VAC. The other wire was 0 VAC. Question, should both wires have 24 VAC?>
Well, the answer is no. There should be 24 VAC on one terminal only. The terminal that reads 0 VAC is the common neutral for the controller power and valves coils. As you may know, that green wire is the equipment grounding conductor for the safety system in your building wiring. In the transformer you have a three pin connection that plugs into the 120 VAC power outlet. The center pin is the green conductor and is connected inside the transformer to the common of the stepdown output side. This provides safety grounding for the controller as well as the coils.

Hope that this helps some.

Rainbird E-6

Unregistered

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 4:01pm

I have a Rain Bird E-6 controller

I have a Rain Bird E-6 controller. One day out of nowhere the LED screen was blank. When I inserted the flat head screw driver into the reset slot the LED screen came back up flashing 12:00. I had to set all the times again, but this does work.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Wednesday, November 16th 2011, 4:49pm

That is what I am talking about. It does work. You should enjoy every month you have now with your reset E-6. Hopefully you will have many seasons to go until you need that new irrigation controller. They are a lot easier to program now and have better features, but until then.

:thumbup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread