You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Graebeard

Unregistered

Wednesday, April 30th 2008, 8:13pm

RB 5000 - no Rain Curtain

Hi folks,

I'm trying to install a RainBird system but seem to have configuration problems. First off, I have 45 psi and about 4.5 gpm. I connected one rotor with a #1 nozzle and tested. It shot a 30 ft stream, but no discernible curtain. I then added another RB but with a #6 nozzle. This one wouldn't even pop up until I manually pulled it up. Then both rotors dropped to about 5 or 6 ft radius. Still no curtain, and both heads also sprayed through the rubberized top - thru the screw holes.

Is there some other adjustment I need to make that is not documented anywhere? These are not the Plus heads, just the simple RB5000

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

?(

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 1st 2008, 7:21am

Use smaller nozzles - you don't have anywhere near enough pressure at the heads.

Saturday, May 3rd 2008, 4:37am

I agree about the pressure siuation. First tell me why you only have 4.5 gpm? What is your mainline into your house. Are you using a hose bib?

Rate this thread