You are not logged in.

cbrown

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 1:13pm

Irritrol 216B Valve problem.

Hi All

We have a 8 zone system that one of the valves has acted up in. We bought a new unit (Irritrol 216B)and replaced the top unit (bonnett?) in the field and the valve was good as new. We then took the valve to the electronics shop and disassembled the thing. Everything looked OK. The diaphram assembly did not appear to have any cracks or such damage under examanation with bright backlighting. The solenoid was checked with 24VAC and clicked in and out smoothly. The vent ports appeared to be clear. We are baffeled by this. It does not help that we can not make heads or tails about how this thing is supposed to work. And this is very aggravating as we work with pneumatic and hydraulic systems fairly regularly. If someone could direct us to a explanation of how these valves work, it would be greatly appreciated. As I have just inherated this system due to company operations. And I am not a irrigation technician. I really appreciate any help you can give.

Curtis

mrfixit

Wednesday, May 7th 2008, 9:25pm

Valve acting up

I don't know your symptoms but it appears you've checked everything so I'll run with the diaphragm. Sometimes a diaphragm will appear to be ok but the rubber is a tad stiff. It's not as flexible as it used to be. This can cause a valve to be slow to come on or slow to turn off. Possibly stick on or not come on at all. Or come on part way. If you'd just changed the diaphragm instead of the whole bonnet you might have fixed the problem.
If I can't fix it, it's broken!