You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 4th 2003, 2:02am

self tapping saddle vs. standard T

For anyone installing a new system I want to point out that they should consider using poly pipe self tapping saddles instead of the standard t's with hose clamps. The first reason I would use the self tapping saddle is speed. It takes time and sometimes some sweat to insert a T into poly pipe. Second reason is cost. I am not implying that it costs less to use self tapping saddle but it is not a lot more. A standard t will cost about 1 dollar and then 3 hose clamps at $.60 each brings the total to $2.80. Comparing apples to apples a self tapping saddle is $2.50 plus a barbed mpt and one hose clamp will give you a total of about $3.50. There are other options too using funny pipe. Give this some tought.

Thanks,

Pete

RVLI

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 4th 2003, 2:08pm

Are you talking about the blazing saddle, or the dawn saddle tee?

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, May 5th 2003, 3:43am

I woud be referring to the blazing saddle T that is sold @ www.sprinklerwarehouse.com

Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread