You are not logged in.

James

Unregistered

Saturday, May 31st 2008, 6:04am

Hunter PGP Rotors Misting into wind

I recently installed a new system consisting mostly of Hunter PGP rotors. My system static pressure was 88 psi, and I did not install a pressure regulator. Now that everything is in, some of the PGP rotors are spraying a very fine mist that is getting blown all over the place by the wind. What can I do to fix this? Does this seem like a high-pressure problem? The Hunter PGP operating pressure is 30-70 psi, and I figure I am probably very close to 70 psi at the head. Can I reduce the pressure with the flow control on my PGV valve? Should I install low-angle nozzles? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 31st 2008, 9:44am

Certainly use the flow controls. That's what they're there for.

jimmyburg1

Monday, June 2nd 2008, 1:56pm

RE: Hunter PGP Rotors Misting into wind

I recently installed a new system consisting mostly of Hunter PGP rotors. My system static pressure was 88 psi, and I did not install a pressure regulator. Now that everything is in, some of the PGP rotors are spraying a very fine mist that is getting blown all over the place by the wind. What can I do to fix this? Does this seem like a high-pressure problem? The Hunter PGP operating pressure is 30-70 psi, and I figure I am probably very close to 70 psi at the head. Can I reduce the pressure with the flow control on my PGV valve? Should I install low-angle nozzles? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
how many pgp on the zone?

Rate this thread