You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

James

Unregistered

Saturday, May 31st 2008, 6:04am

Hunter PGP Rotors Misting into wind

I recently installed a new system consisting mostly of Hunter PGP rotors. My system static pressure was 88 psi, and I did not install a pressure regulator. Now that everything is in, some of the PGP rotors are spraying a very fine mist that is getting blown all over the place by the wind. What can I do to fix this? Does this seem like a high-pressure problem? The Hunter PGP operating pressure is 30-70 psi, and I figure I am probably very close to 70 psi at the head. Can I reduce the pressure with the flow control on my PGV valve? Should I install low-angle nozzles? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 31st 2008, 9:44am

Certainly use the flow controls. That's what they're there for.

jimmyburg1

Monday, June 2nd 2008, 1:56pm

RE: Hunter PGP Rotors Misting into wind

I recently installed a new system consisting mostly of Hunter PGP rotors. My system static pressure was 88 psi, and I did not install a pressure regulator. Now that everything is in, some of the PGP rotors are spraying a very fine mist that is getting blown all over the place by the wind. What can I do to fix this? Does this seem like a high-pressure problem? The Hunter PGP operating pressure is 30-70 psi, and I figure I am probably very close to 70 psi at the head. Can I reduce the pressure with the flow control on my PGV valve? Should I install low-angle nozzles? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
how many pgp on the zone?

Rate this thread