You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tlflorek

Monday, May 5th 2003, 4:18pm

ASV Valves

If I use all ASV valves is there a need to install a main line backflow device?

Terry
Terry

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, May 5th 2003, 5:46pm

I believe ASV valves are anti-siphon made by Rainbird, correct? If you have anti-siphon valves, such as the ASV, you do NOT need a backflow device.

tlflorek

Tuesday, May 6th 2003, 8:04am

Yes, ASV anti-siphon valves are made by Hunter and Rainbird. I am installing a sprinkler system in established flower beds and don't want to dig things up. I figured that using the anti-siphon valves with poly tubing covered by the mulch was the least disruptive way to go. The valves are clustered in a central spot with the poly tubing going out to the sprinkler heads.

Terry
Terry

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 7th 2003, 10:51am

My current system uses a Rainbird asv valve as my main valve. If it works in my situation it should be fine for you.

Thanks,

Pete

tlflorek

Wednesday, May 7th 2003, 4:12pm

The instructions that came with my ASV valves say not to have a valve down stream of the ASV valve or damage may result. It appears to work for you. I wonder what they are worried about.

Terry

Terry
Terry

Rate this thread