You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Darrin

Monday, June 9th 2008, 2:32pm

Raising Heads

Currently all of my rotary heads are connected to a 3/4" male elbow so I am unable to use a cutoff riser to raise my heads. I would like to replace the male elbows with female elbows which would accept the riser and I can then adjust the height accordingly. The problem I am running into this time of year is that nobody around here has any more 3/4" elbows in stock. One possibility I came up with is to install a 3/4" to 1/2" elbow, and then a 1/2" to 3/4" cut-off riser. Am I going to cause any problems by restricting water flow? I want to make sure I have a good understanding on the effect this will have before I dig up and replace nine elbows.

all wet

Monday, June 9th 2008, 2:57pm

RE: Raising Heads

Currently all of my rotary heads are connected to a 3/4" male elbow so I am unable to use a cutoff riser to raise my heads. I would like to replace the male elbows with female elbows which would accept the riser and I can then adjust the height accordingly. The problem I am running into this time of year is that nobody around here has any more 3/4" elbows in stock. One possibility I came up with is to install a 3/4" to 1/2" elbow, and then a 1/2" to 3/4" cut-off riser. Am I going to cause any problems by restricting water flow? I want to make sure I have a good understanding on the effect this will have before I dig up and replace nine elbows.
We use 3/4"x4" poly riser extension to raise rotor heads. They are 3/4" mipt x 3/4" fipt which would work to raise the heads without having to replumb. The also function like cutoff nippples in that they also can be cutoff to length.

Darrin

Tuesday, June 10th 2008, 6:23am

Do you happen to know who would sell these individually? I have been looking for these since day one but gave up on the search thinking they did not exist. The riser extensions are exactly what I am looking for, except I am only finding them in packs of 50 and I only need 9.

Darrin

Tuesday, June 10th 2008, 12:53pm

Just an FYI to anyone else who may be looking for these. I found that ACE hardware does not stock them, but they were able to order the pack of 50 and sell them to me individually for $.49 each. John Deer Landscaping can also order them but they wanted $1.20 each... you do the math. Thank you for the suggestion... you have no idea how much work you just saved me!

Rate this thread