You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mrphototx

Starting Member

Tuesday, June 10th 2008, 10:22pm

Dirty Water Pump

I'm wanting to water my 3/4 of an acre yard with the water from my pond. Can someone recommend what pump, filtration system, values and heads I should use? Do I need to use dirty water values if the water has already gone through the filtration system? Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 11th 2008, 6:51am

What will the final filtration be? (mesh number)

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 11th 2008, 7:40pm

Yes on the dirty water valves.
You need to set some specs for your irrigation system and build a pump around it. A good place to start is, design a system for 18 gallons per minute at 65 PSI. That is a pretty basic requirement. You are going to need to know approximately how deep your pond or lake is, How far you will need to pump the water to the last valve, what kind of elevation from the pump to the tallest valve or head is, I would recommend a submersible pump that only sucks. I would not recommend one that sucks and blows. You will need a relay and a timer that can run a relay. You may try to get some help from a Professional irrigation they house will usually help you out if you will buy all parts from them. The Filtration is critical. After your pump is sized and your gallons per minute and pressure is sized you should be able to figure out your mainline and valve sizes.

:thumbsup:
Good Luck.
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread