You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

chrisvan

Starting Member

Wednesday, January 30th 2019, 7:06pm

DVF100 is always open

I've got a DVF100 valve that is always open even when the solenoid wires are disconnected. I've replaced the top of the valve - I bought a new one and then put the top portion with the solenoid, bleed valve and flow valve, along with the diaphragm on the existing lower body. There doesn't appear to be any debris in the bottom half of the valve and the diaphragm seats correctly. I left the wires disconnected to ensure that it wasn't the control box, but when I turn the master water shutoff back on the water is on in that zone. Other 3 zones are fine, they open and close according to the controller timing schedule. Water pressure is 60 PSI into the system - which should be find according to the manual. plus the other three are closing fine with the same pressure.

It would seem that there isn't that much that can go wrong with this valve - and replacing the entire top half, including diaphragm and solenoid would seem to address anything that could go wrong. ?(

I'm stumped - what else to check? Any suggestions or guidance much appreciated.

thanks,
Chrisvan

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "chrisvan" (Jan 30th 2019, 7:22pm)

mrfixit

Thursday, January 31st 2019, 12:54am

Yeah that's weird. Is the diaphragm spring missing?
Make sure the solenoid is snug clockwise.
Look for debris inside the valve. See if the new diaphragm has any damage from closing on an object.
If you can't figure it out, you know what to do. Yep, change the whole thing.
I suppose the seat could be cracked. Have you looked at it closely with a flashlight?

Rate this thread