You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Hootty

Unregistered

Friday, June 20th 2008, 8:24am

Air bursts from rotor head

I need some suggestions... I have a newer system (3 wks old) and the backyard zone has 6 rotor heads on it. The problem is the one right outside our bedroom window is the only one that bursts air (like when you turn a garden hose on) periodically for the first 5-7 minutes the zone is running. This head is the lowest one in the zone, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. At 4am in the morning, it will walk you right up with the loud air bursts. I have irritrol 450 rotors. Is there any way to resolve this??? I would expect a burst or two, but not multiple ones for 5 minutes or more. It does spray plenty of water during that time, it just spits out air bursts (loudly) every 15-30 seconds. I have about 80psi coming out of the house so I don't think it is starved for pressure. None of my other zones do this... Ideas??? ?(

mrfixit

Friday, June 20th 2008, 9:17am

Idea

Since the head is on the low point of the line, I'd suggest installing a rotor with a check valve built into it. That way the pipe wont drain in that location and you'll have much less air in the line.
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread