You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

JadedMarxist

Wednesday, May 29th 2019, 5:54pm

Fitting breaking

[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MpAZ7HNGudbHWxO5gbXWz47UMBU_dw4S/view?usp=drivesdk[/img] [img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MpAZ7HNGudbHWxO5gbXWz47UMBU_dw4S/view?usp=drivesdk[/img] Hello. I'm having a problem. Hope someone here can help me, this season during start up's, I've Run into a problem with the blow out combo tees. 2 of them have cracked. 1 pvc tee that was slip X slip X fpt and one that was barbed xbarbed X fpt. I've never had this problem before ever. I figured the first 1 that blew was a fluke but now a 2nd one my company seems to think I was tightening the plugs to much. No way. Now there saying to much Teflon tape. Has any of you folks ever had this problem?

Pic 1
Certified tech, and wisp. Servicing multi million dollar portfolio

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (May 30th 2019, 3:25am)

mrfixit

Thursday, May 30th 2019, 3:32am

Looks over tightened to me. You can see the marks on the fitting from a wrench where someone cranked on it. Seems like a brass fitting might work better. I wish they sold marlex plugs. Maybe use a nylon plug.

JadedMarxist

Monday, June 3rd 2019, 11:45pm

Yeah I'll have to check into that nylon plug, thanks. These plugs have been reused probably some 3 years. I've been wrenching on stuff my whole life, can't remember rthe last time I buggered up a nut or bolt. I've since been just putting in new plugs no floods since. Suck's that it happened on 2 systems with no master valve or real time monitoring fortunately the majority of our clients do. Cheers
Certified tech, and wisp. Servicing multi million dollar portfolio

Rate this thread