You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, June 19th 2019, 3:19am

Rain Bird LNK automatic irrigation: How much time to program?

Hi,

I am using a Rain Bird ESP-RZX controller with a LNK stick. Rain Bird offers online calculation of the seasonal adjust.

In the documentation, they say "set the watering time for the highest temperature to expect". For me, that means: I set the absolute maximum, and they will only reduce the time.

I water every four days, with 50 minutes per station. This amounts to about 1/2" of water every four days.

Today, with expected maximum of 86°F, I see they adjusted +40%, so my watering time went up from 50 minutes to 70 minutes per station.

I don't want to complain that they do positive adjustments. But I wonder which weather to use for the base value. Clearly, it's not the watering consumption on the hottest days.

What should I use?

Best regards,

Detlev

Rate this thread