You are not logged in.

kentb

Unregistered

Monday, June 30th 2008, 12:47pm

New Hunter valve problem.

I year ago I had a problem with my old sprinker system. I tried to fix myself, but gave up and had a pro come in and fix my problem. He also install a Hunter 2 zone system (SVC-200) and it is working great.

Last fall I desided to convert four more zones to the Hunter and ordered 2 SVC-200 and 4 PGV-101JTG-S valves from SprinklerWarehouse. I install these late last year, but didn't need to run them yet. No its time to run them and so far three of them don't work right. I don't know if not understanding how to adjust them or are they defective.

On one zone pair I can't get the sprinklers to turn on with the SVC-200 controller. I hear the solenoid click and some water flow in the valve, but the sprinkers don't turn on. I removed the solenoid and watched when I turned it on. I see it click (white rubber thing pulls upwards and then returns to original position. With the controller turned off I can rotate the valve 1/2 to 3/4 turn and the sprinkler come on and run normally. Both zones on this SVC-200 work (don't work) the same. Is there some adjustment to the solenoid?

Now the other 2 zones, I have tested only one side so far. I have not installed the SVC-200 controller yet. One valve will not shut off. I removed the diaphram and it looks good, but if there is water pressure in the system the sprinkers want to run. The solenoid is tight. I do have a very small leak in the supply side of the pipe (dripping) which I need to fix, but I wouldn't think that this would have any effect on the valve. Is there some adjustment or do I have some defective product and if so what is defective.

Kent Byerley

kentb

Unregistered

Friday, July 11th 2008, 2:21pm

RE: New Hunter valve problem.

Now the other 2 zones, I have tested only one side so far. I have not installed the SVC-200 controller yet. One valve will not shut off. I removed the diaphram and it looks good, but if there is water pressure in the system the sprinkers want to run. The solenoid is tight. I do have a very small leak in the supply side of the pipe (dripping) which I need to fix, but I wouldn't think that this would have any effect on the valve. Is there some adjustment or do I have some defective product and if so what is defective.

Kent Byerley

Interesting that no one could help with my problem.

I found out the sprinklerware house shipped my valves with 24V AC solenod. I order new DC solenods that work with the SVC_200 and the valves that would not stay turned on, now work correctly.

After replacing the other set I still have one that leaks. Any thoughts? Replace that valve?

Kent Byerley