You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kentb

Unregistered

Monday, June 30th 2008, 12:47pm

New Hunter valve problem.

I year ago I had a problem with my old sprinker system. I tried to fix myself, but gave up and had a pro come in and fix my problem. He also install a Hunter 2 zone system (SVC-200) and it is working great.

Last fall I desided to convert four more zones to the Hunter and ordered 2 SVC-200 and 4 PGV-101JTG-S valves from SprinklerWarehouse. I install these late last year, but didn't need to run them yet. No its time to run them and so far three of them don't work right. I don't know if not understanding how to adjust them or are they defective.

On one zone pair I can't get the sprinklers to turn on with the SVC-200 controller. I hear the solenoid click and some water flow in the valve, but the sprinkers don't turn on. I removed the solenoid and watched when I turned it on. I see it click (white rubber thing pulls upwards and then returns to original position. With the controller turned off I can rotate the valve 1/2 to 3/4 turn and the sprinkler come on and run normally. Both zones on this SVC-200 work (don't work) the same. Is there some adjustment to the solenoid?

Now the other 2 zones, I have tested only one side so far. I have not installed the SVC-200 controller yet. One valve will not shut off. I removed the diaphram and it looks good, but if there is water pressure in the system the sprinkers want to run. The solenoid is tight. I do have a very small leak in the supply side of the pipe (dripping) which I need to fix, but I wouldn't think that this would have any effect on the valve. Is there some adjustment or do I have some defective product and if so what is defective.

Kent Byerley

kentb

Unregistered

Friday, July 11th 2008, 2:21pm

RE: New Hunter valve problem.

Now the other 2 zones, I have tested only one side so far. I have not installed the SVC-200 controller yet. One valve will not shut off. I removed the diaphram and it looks good, but if there is water pressure in the system the sprinkers want to run. The solenoid is tight. I do have a very small leak in the supply side of the pipe (dripping) which I need to fix, but I wouldn't think that this would have any effect on the valve. Is there some adjustment or do I have some defective product and if so what is defective.

Kent Byerley

Interesting that no one could help with my problem.

I found out the sprinklerware house shipped my valves with 24V AC solenod. I order new DC solenods that work with the SVC_200 and the valves that would not stay turned on, now work correctly.

After replacing the other set I still have one that leaks. Any thoughts? Replace that valve?

Kent Byerley