You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Abacus

Unregistered

Saturday, July 5th 2008, 5:43pm

Abacus Controller

I have an Abacus controller with 6 zones. There is currently no power to the unit. When I unplug and replug the transformer it get's a brief bit of life (few lights flicker) then it dies. Is this the transformer? I cannot find any information on this type of controller. Any help is appreciated.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 5th 2008, 9:46pm

I also don't know about the abacus controller, but I do know that a new 6 station timer is very affordable. I would recommend either a rainbird or hunter indoor? You can change it out very inexpensively. Just remember to label your wires before you take the old timer off of the wall. Pay extra attention to locate the common wire at the timer(Usually they are white in color).

If you want to nurse your controller back to life for another short period of time, I understand. If you need confidence in your system like we do down in Houston, Change it out. If the timer controller doesn't work down here, you can go on vacation for a week and come back to a dead landscape. I am sure that other parts of the country maybe more forgiving.
Good Luck
:thumbsup:

Dan
P.S. Timer cost at retail less than 100.00
Satisfaction of doing it your self Priceless.
Pay a Pro $250.00
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread