You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lawn man

Unregistered

Monday, July 7th 2008, 9:55am

rain bird stp900i

:) i just received a stp-900i controller. when i hooked it up and started it non of the valves opened. if i open them manually i get normal flow of water. so i tested the volts of the common wire and the master valve i received 2.2-3 volts . i also tested the common wire and valve 1 spot and received the same reading 2.2-3 volts. both of these readings were with the water now activated. i feel like the valve selinoid requires 6 or 7 volts to operate do you think i have a bad controller or am i doing something else wrong.

all wet

Monday, July 7th 2008, 3:21pm

You should get no less than 24 volts at the controller, however most will read 26-28 volts at the controller. Are you sure you are reading the meter correctly? The outside operation of the valves manually has no bearing on this reading.

Rate this thread