You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

firemedic0822

Starting Member

Sunday, February 21st 2021, 2:33pm

Losing Prime

Hi Guys!

I am having a problem with my sprinkler system losing prime. For the past couple of weeks I keep having to re-prime my system. At first it was the check valve so I pulled it out and cleaned it. After that it worked. For the last week it started to lose prime again. I checked the valve again and the pipe that goes from the pump to the lake was full of water. I have the pipe off of the system and filled with water at the moment to see if the water level drops any. The system does fine in between zones but over night it loses prime. I can hear water leaking from the indexing valve when the system shuts off and air is getting sucked into the system. Could this be the cause of the prime loss? The indexing valve has leaked for years and water comes out of it when the system is running. But I never had a loss of prime even with the valve leaking. Any help would be great!

Thanks!!

Rate this thread