You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, May 10th 2003, 9:15am

lost zone solenoid valves

I know this topic was discussed briefly about a year ago but I'm hoping someone has a better option than the ones I saw. I have a neighbor with an underground sprinkler zone that is not working. I suspect the solenoid valve is not opening. The problem is this neighbor does not know where the valves are buried. I found one valve by probing with a pole but it was not the malfunctioning one and I have been unable to find the other valves. I tried a device used for tracing phone lines but it is not powerful enough to pick up the tone underground. I thought of a metal detector but I don't know anyone that has one. Are there any other options? The expense of calling a professional out is somewhat prohibitive.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 10th 2003, 5:17pm

You could find the first head in the zone that isn't working, and from that first head, try to find the valve, since the first head shouldn't be too far from the valve. Next best solution, spend the money and get the valves located.

Thanks,
Alex

Tuesday, May 13th 2003, 3:16pm

RVLI,
Thanks for the advice. I will see what I can find. I've tried to avoid the cost because the money just isn't there. I will let you know if I'm successful.

Rate this thread