You are not logged in.

bikericeman

Starting Member

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 12:22am

Water pumps

I've installed 6- 55 gallons barrels to catch rain water off my roof . I need it to water my garden instead of city water. I was thinking of using a old pool pump to water the garden that's almost 100 feet from the house. Does anybody know of a better pump that's 110 and and has a 1.25 inlet to a 3/4 outlet.

bikericeman

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 12:09pm

How are you preventing these barrels from becoming mosquito-breeding pools?

bikericeman

Starting Member

Friday, July 25th 2008, 11:17pm

water pumps

The drums are closed,not open . I have piping from one drum to the other which the water passes and there is a tight seal. I have a manifold pipe from drum to drum with valves to open and close each one. I've been using a sump pump in another drum as the pumping station, but the sump just isn't strong enough for the distant. If you have a idea or though on a better pump other than a old cheap pool pump I would like to hear of them. This will only be used a few times a summer , just had another idea maybe I run lines to the water closets also,that will save on water down the drain.

Thanks for your concern about the barrels becoming mosquito-breeding pools.

sully

Unregistered

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 9:20am

RE: water pumps

The drums are closed,not open . I have piping from one drum to the other which the water passes and there is a tight seal. I have a manifold pipe from drum to drum with valves to open and close each one. I've been using a sump pump in another drum as the pumping station, but the sump just isn't strong enough for the distant. If you have a idea or though on a better pump other than a old cheap pool pump I would like to hear of them. This will only be used a few times a summer , just had another idea maybe I run lines to the water closets also,that will save on water down the drain.

sully

Unregistered

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 9:29am

RE: RE: water pumps

My thought would be to use a siphon (if your garden is down hill) to get the water to another reservoir then use your pool pump or sump pump to elevate the water in to a water tower. This would allow gravity to do most of the work for you.

Rate this thread