You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bikericeman

Starting Member

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 12:22am

Water pumps

I've installed 6- 55 gallons barrels to catch rain water off my roof . I need it to water my garden instead of city water. I was thinking of using a old pool pump to water the garden that's almost 100 feet from the house. Does anybody know of a better pump that's 110 and and has a 1.25 inlet to a 3/4 outlet.

bikericeman

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 12:09pm

How are you preventing these barrels from becoming mosquito-breeding pools?

bikericeman

Starting Member

Friday, July 25th 2008, 11:17pm

water pumps

The drums are closed,not open . I have piping from one drum to the other which the water passes and there is a tight seal. I have a manifold pipe from drum to drum with valves to open and close each one. I've been using a sump pump in another drum as the pumping station, but the sump just isn't strong enough for the distant. If you have a idea or though on a better pump other than a old cheap pool pump I would like to hear of them. This will only be used a few times a summer , just had another idea maybe I run lines to the water closets also,that will save on water down the drain.

Thanks for your concern about the barrels becoming mosquito-breeding pools.

sully

Unregistered

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 9:20am

RE: water pumps

The drums are closed,not open . I have piping from one drum to the other which the water passes and there is a tight seal. I have a manifold pipe from drum to drum with valves to open and close each one. I've been using a sump pump in another drum as the pumping station, but the sump just isn't strong enough for the distant. If you have a idea or though on a better pump other than a old cheap pool pump I would like to hear of them. This will only be used a few times a summer , just had another idea maybe I run lines to the water closets also,that will save on water down the drain.

sully

Unregistered

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 9:29am

RE: RE: water pumps

My thought would be to use a siphon (if your garden is down hill) to get the water to another reservoir then use your pool pump or sump pump to elevate the water in to a water tower. This would allow gravity to do most of the work for you.

Rate this thread