You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 2:03pm

New ICC 800 Controller Question

Hello all,

New to the forum. Just ordered an Hunter ICC 800 to replace my Pro C. I did not do the original installation and this is my first house. I did not realize until i got the ICC out of the box that it has to be hard wired. My Pro C came with a plug and goes right into the wall, with some type of box inline with the cord. I noticed the ICC has a box that the main wires run through built in. Was wondering if I could splice the cables from the Pro C to Plug the ICC into the wall or is this a huge no no? Really would hate to call in an electrician if this is a pretty simple install.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 4:32pm

Return it for an indoor timer. It sounds like you got an out door ICC. Or if you want to deal with it. You should go buy a pigtail, basically that is an extension cable with loose wires on the end of it. Push the end of the pigtail with the loose cable side into the opening of the Hunter ICC, make the wire connections with wire nuts, close the compartment, and then plug it in. This is a pretty easy deal. Don't plug in the pigtail until you have finished all other wire connections.

Good Luck

Do not use the transformer from your pro-c. Don't, don't, don't. The reason is that the pro c indoor is on a transformer that is already stepped down power. The Outdoor unit has a transformer in it and needs to have 110 to step it down.

:thumbsup:

Dan
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

mrfixit

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 6:51pm

Junction box.

Hi Buckley, Dan. It sounds from what you've described you have an outdoor Pro-C with a juction box and a pigtail. If the Pro-C has a lock on the cabinet then it's outdoor. If that's the case then yes you can just switch the wires over. Open up that junction box and disconnect the wires. Just as a reminder, unplug the cord before messing with the wires.

Good luck!

Thursday, August 7th 2008, 11:03am

That did the trick

Thank for the help. Went to Home depot, got a pigtail and set it up. Works great, so easy adding zones. No more double zones, due to lack of slots, lawn looks good. Now need to figure out how to get a drip line going for my wifes hanging plants. Is it as easy as adding a zone(which doesnt look easy)?

Not sure how to handle with controller and pressure difference on mainlines. Will do some searching but apprec any suggestions.

Thanks again for the help.

Rate this thread