You are not logged in.

Tuesday, July 22nd 2008, 4:51pm

pump start relay wiring---mv error

I have a rainbird esp modular controller trying to run a pump start relay to a 2 hp pump----relay is 1000 ft from the controller and wires are 14 gauge---controller is new (not the old mv error problem) and it runs the system ok if programmed but after cycling I get an mv error if I try to run manually--- I hooked up a controller with a diagnostic feature that tells output demands and it read just at 1 amp for the mv output----all valves were good (~180mA)----dose that number sound right for a pump start relay(smart box 24volt) ? ---the controller is rated at an output of 1 amp so maybe I need a different controller with higher rating?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 23rd 2008, 10:47am

You could get a second 24VAC transformer, and a tiny 24VAC relay, and run the tiny relay from the MV terminal, sending the 24VAC to the original pump start relay.

Thursday, July 24th 2008, 5:26pm

that's exactly what a service tech for the company that built the pump station told me to try--said the length was making it hard for the clock to close the relay consistently---thanks for the advice--will give it a go

Rate this thread