You are not logged in.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 29th 2003, 11:57am

OK So let me get this straight...One of your zones stays on even with the controller at the "Off" position? Right? It could be a possibility that either your soleniod is "dead" for some reason(we have lots of those around here) or you could have debris in your diaphram. Let me know if I got that right....

Alex

Bob H

Monday, June 2nd 2003, 7:28am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
OK So let me get this straight...One of your zones stays on even with the controller at the "Off" position? Right? It could be a possibility that either your soleniod is "dead" for some reason(we have lots of those around here) or you could have debris in your diaphram. Let me know if I got that right....

Alex

** Alex...you've been so patient with me and I'm not doing a very good job at describing what my problem (was) and I thank you very much for your time and patience. Where I am right now is that the control box has been swapped out and a new solenoid has been installed in the circuit breaking culprit and all seems to be normal. I'm going to monitor the temp on the transformer and when access to a meter comes along, be sure that there is not too much power coming into it from the service. But for now, it's all working.

Many more thanks to you!

Bob

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Bob H

Monday, June 2nd 2003, 7:31am

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Alex

** Alex...you've been so patient with me and I'm not doing a very good job at describing what my problem (was) and I thank you very much for your time and patience. Where I am right now is that the control box has been swapped out and a new solenoid has been installed in the circuit breaking culprit and all seems to be normal. I'm going to monitor the temp on the transformer and when access to a meter comes along, be sure that there is not too much power coming into it from the service. But for now, it's all working.

Many more thanks to you!

Bob

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, June 2nd 2003, 8:55am

Is the transformer still hot?

Bob H

Monday, June 2nd 2003, 2:30pm

Is the transformer still hot?

+++ Pretty warm to the touch.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, June 2nd 2003, 6:11pm

Well, It is normal for the transformer to be a little warm, but not hot to the touch. Is there any thing large on the same electrical circuit?

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, June 2nd 2003, 7:12pm

Also Bob,
Where did you get the new controller from? Did you check out SW's prices?

Bob H

Tuesday, June 3rd 2003, 9:20am

(This may be a second reply...if the first one shows up.)

Alex;

The circuit also has my outdoor lighting transformer and my irrigation well pump on it.

I checked the temp again today and was able to leave my hand on the transformer...it was quite warm...but seemingly not as HOT as it had been getting for some reason.

I did check SW for a new ESP-6 and while the $119.00 price was very good -- especially as RB wants that much plus for a rebuilt -- I opted for a $105 deal here in town for a new one. Saved time and shipping.

Thanks again!

Bob

Rate this thread