You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kworthy

Saturday, September 17th 2022, 9:46am

Valve or solenoid problem ?

I have the Rainbird irrigation system. A few months back I discovered my zone 1 was not working. I had a tech come out and he put a new solenoid in. It was working when he left so I went on with my life. Now I have discovered it is not working again. I go to Lowes and buy a new solenoid and as soon as I start to remove the old one with a slight twist the zone starts working. (dummy me I did not turn the water off first !) So when I tightened the solenoid back the zone stopped working again. I stopped there and now I am reaching out for help. I have not put the new solenoid on yet. Do I have a valve or solenoid problem. What should be my next step?

mrfixit

Saturday, September 17th 2022, 2:11pm

Do you know what model valve it is? I have found that when someone says, " I have a rainbird system", they're referring to the controller. The valves might be something different. But you did buy a solenoid so it probably is a rainbird. Even still I need to know the model.

You're sure that the valve is getting power from the controller? Is there a valve right next to it?

At this point in time I'm suspecting the diaphragm or a clogged port. I would take the bonnet off. Inspect the ports. Install a new diaphragm. It's a fairly simple job. You can do it. Check out Youtube videos on how to change the diaphragm.

kworthy

Saturday, October 1st 2022, 3:25pm

Zone one still not working

So today I put a new diaphragm kit on the valve and replaced the solenoid. Still will not come on !! I checked the wiring at the control box and everything seems to be tight. Don't know what else to look for ! Any new suggestions ?