You are not logged in.

johnben

Starting Member

Tuesday, July 29th 2008, 8:49pm

Imperial Timer

I have an Imperial timer that works normally on all but one station. When on automatic, it skips over the station at issue. When on manual, it will not stop at the station at issue. Instead, it simply rotates through and goes to the next station.

Everything else seems to be working fine. It was only in June that all stations were working fine. We had very little rain recently, so I began trying to water with the sprinkler system and determined that this station was not working.

I have zero experience with sprinkler systems. My neighbor thinks it is a valve issue, but I am skeptical.

Any ideas?

Dumb Sprinkler Guy in Texas

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 29th 2008, 8:53pm

Could be a timer issue - they don't make those anymore. An electrical multimeter can help you see what is happening.

mrfixit

Tuesday, July 29th 2008, 10:56pm

Skipping a zone

Hi, I've seen this a few times. The knob that sets the amount of time is held on with an O-ring. It's most likely loose. Those old clocks are impossible to set to an exact amount of time to run. You need to actually time it. The zone in question maybe set to run 10 minutes but because of the loose O-ring it thinks it's set to 0. Try adjusting the dial. If it's set for 10 minutes put it on 20 and see what happens. Those O-rings are fairly easy to replace if need be.

Good luck!

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 30th 2008, 2:37pm

I believe your neighbor is wrong. It's just about impossible for this to be a valve issue. The controller only provides power to the solenoids of the valves. If the valve is "broken", the controller wouldn't know it, it would still try to run the station. Since you've already mentioned in manual mode it skips the station in question, so that pretty much will eliminate it being a valve issue.

MrFixit seems to be heading you down the right path of where to look.

Worst case, you might have to just replace the controller, but is you record exactly which wire goes where on the current controller, that should be a fairly simple DIY job if need be.

Rate this thread