You are not logged in.

Monday, August 4th 2008, 9:32pm

trees

A small yard with a large tree. Yard only has 8 sprinkler heads (pop ups). The sprinklers are intentionally spraying water half way up the trunk of the tree. Isn't this going to cause mold and alge to grow on the tree trunk? The landscapers redirected the sprinklers to do this so they could say that the trees are getting adequate watering resulting in all this new growth. I know this to be BS but why would they want to intentionally kill our trees? Is it so they can create an enviroment of which they know how to get the grass to grow and not have bald spots. Or is it to generate more income?

Is a red flag of a landscape company when they will not give you a price sheet or break out invoices to show labor and parts?

:cursing: in phoenix

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 5th 2008, 1:12am

The tree could care less about the sprinklers.

Lowvolumejeff

Advanced Member

Tuesday, August 5th 2008, 1:39am

Sprinkler companies

Hi, just curious, is this the same sprinkler group you referred to in past posts? The company that was replacing all the heads for the HOA. If so, suggest you find a new company to do your work.

You sound like you have an interest in horticulture and in irrigation. That is what led me into the field. You probably know about Jess Stryker's site http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/, but if not, it will keep you busy for a couple of nights.

Lowvolumejeff

Advanced Member

Tuesday, August 5th 2008, 1:44am

Sprinkler companies

Hi, just curious, is this the same sprinkler group you referred to in past posts? The company that was replacing all the heads for the HOA. If so, suggest you find a new company to do your work. I would have trouble trusting them taking out the trash, from what you have described.

You sound like you have an interest in horticulture and in irrigation. That is what led me into the field. You probably know about Jess Stryker's site http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/, but if not, it will keep you busy for a couple of nights.

Arizona has a great Master Gardener program. Great place to learn about basic horticultural practices, as well as general information to answer some of the questions you have posed.

Please accept my comments as I intend them, helpful not preaching. :) Jeff