You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Val08

Thursday, August 7th 2008, 2:28pm

Toro

[b]I’m looking to replace a malfunctioning valve I have , its about 8 years old . I think the P/N is 280-05-14. Any idea how / where I can get something like this? Is there a more recent part that will fit it? I know that the Flo-Pro valves have been discontinued .Do you happen to know if a later model toro valve top (maybe ez flow type) would screw onto the base I have plumbed in so I would not have to do any plumbing to replace the valve?[/b]

mrfixit

Thursday, August 7th 2008, 7:10pm

Flo-pro

I think I held an ez-flo in my hand once. I'm not a fan of jar tops at all. I seem to remember the ez-flow looking much like the irritrol jartop which is not compatible with the flo-pro. I don't believe you're going to find any other valve with replacement parts for the flo-pro. You could always just buy the parts you actually need to fix the valve if it needs parts at all. --

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/SearchResults.asp?Extensive_Search=N&Search=toro+diaphragm

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Toro-Replacement-Solenoids-p/89-0114.htm

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Aug 7th 2008, 7:32pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, August 8th 2008, 6:33am

There are no retrofits for the old Flo-Pro body. Best to replace the whole thing.

Big Dog

Monday, August 11th 2008, 3:21pm

Pro flo parts are still available, but i've found that on old valves the new diaphrams cause the valve to leak out the threads

Rate this thread