You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pimes

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 8:13am

Toro Nozzle Not Spraying

I just purchased a Toro 570Z sprinkler and a 5' quarter circle spray nozzle to replace one my dogs destroyed. I am getting water up to the nozzle, but no water or air is coming out of the nozzle at all. Here's how I installed: I dropped the filter into the top of the sprinkler and then screwed the nozzle itself into the top of the sprinkler finger tight. When I turn on the system, the sprinkler head extends up but nothing else happens. I've tried using the adjustment screw but that doesn't seem to change anything. There is what looks to be a black flow restricter in the bottom of the nozzle. I tried installing it with and without that restricter but nothing changed. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Peter

mrfixit

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 1:15pm

5 foot

Where do I start with the Toro 5 foot nozzle. Personally I abandoned those years ago. Worthless pieces of junk in my opinion but you asked so here it goes. You mentioned the filter. Now with the 5 foot nozzle there's even a smaller metal filter that fits into the top of the plastic filter. It has a smaller mesh and supposedly keeps the nozzle from getting clogged up which sounds like the problem with your nozzle. If I was you I'd go with an 8 footer then adjust it. Also Hunter puts out a 5 foot nozzle which works very well. Only problem is there's no adjusting screw on the 5 foot last time I checked. They do work though. Keep in mind the Hunter nozzle isn't compatible with a Toro sprinkler. It is with RainBird. You could also use a 6 foot VAN put out by RainBird. The spray is like night and day compared with the Toro 5 footer and it's adjustable.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Aug 27th 2008, 1:29pm)

pimes

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 9:48pm

Thanks for the feedback. I took the nozzle apart and cleaned it out and it seems to be working now. Thanks again!

Peter

Rate this thread