You are not logged in.

chekline

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 1:56pm

Existing 50psi system

I need to add some spray heads to my existing system that operates optimally at 50 psi, my concern is all spray heads seem to be 30 psi rated. What effects will the lower pressure have on my well which is setup at 40 - 60? I really don't want my well cycling on and off during zone run time. Any advice or am I overthinking this?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 2:55pm

Add heads of any sort to an existing zone, and the pressure will drop, and the existing heads may no longer perform properly.

chekline

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 5:18pm

it would be a new zone altogether, with a hunter valve and i was considering the pressure requlated sprays. Right now I have four zones of rotors if I add a new zone of sprays will the 50 psi my system is designed for, be an issue?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "chekline" (Sep 4th 2008, 5:25pm)

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 6:52pm

You should be golden if you use a flow control valve.
Dan
Rainbird DVF 100 for 1"
PGA 1 1/2"
If you need valves that are self cleaning PESB
I Don't know the Hunter equivalent to the flow control 1". I will check.

Dan
:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 6:52pm

You can also use a flow-control valve for the addition, which might be easier than using pressure-regulated heads.

chekline

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 7:18pm

Thanks, I thought it would work but wasn't positive. I would have hated to spend all that money on something that would give me head aches. So will the pressure equalize somehow or what? If I'm pushing 50 psi at the valve and my zone pressure is regulated at 30 psi where does the other 20 go? Probably a dumb question, but I'm not a irrigation engineer.

Friday, September 5th 2008, 8:31am

How many gpm are you running at 50 psi at the pump? or another way to get the info I need to help is tell me what a typical zone you currently have set up is like. For ex 5 pgp rotors and #3 nozzles. Also how many spray heads are you wanting to run?

the reason i ask is you may be just fine by adding a zone of sprays.

actually now that I re read your original post hear is what you need to do. Dont worry about "runs best at 50 psi" _ I am not sure what you mean by that. If your running a pump figure out how many gpms it producing say its 15 and each spray is 2.5 gpm just plan on running 6 sprays per zone and youll be fine.

Also flow control at the head or at the valve wont keep you pump from cycling!

chekline

Friday, September 5th 2008, 3:45pm

Ok, Thanks to all, for the help