You are not logged in.

mrfixit

Friday, September 5th 2008, 7:13pm

Wiring

Hi, you say there are three wires at valve number 5. Two white and one red. This next part is important. Are the two white wires hooked up together or is one white wire connected with the red? If it's connected to the red wire then I would suspect that that one of those two wires is somehow crossed with the master valve wiring. This way valve number 5 would come on anytime ANY station ran. If the red and white are hooked up together try disconnecting one of them and see what happens. Then visa versa. Also, the reason I asked before if your controller was in a metal box is I've seen the symptoms you've described with the funny voltage few times and it always seems to be the same model controller. It's an irritrol I think but I can't remember for sure. It's in a yellow metal cabinet.

Good luck!

five0.4tluv

Monday, September 8th 2008, 7:06pm

resolved

I'm sure this was not my original problem. but the new valve is working. I had read not to over-tighten the bleed valve, so I left it a little backed off causing it to be open. Oh well, I atleast cleaned up my wiring and learned something in case I decide to do irrigation full time.

Thanks to all for the ideas.

Lowvolumejeff

Advanced Member

Monday, September 8th 2008, 10:41pm

Interesting.

Sure had all of us going, and in differnet directions.

Thanks for the follow up.

Anyway, I will remember to add it to the things I check.

Glad it is resolved. Especially with out you having to trench yur yard.

Jeff