You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

OscarNav1

Sunday, September 7th 2008, 11:20pm

What size Ell should i use for my rotors and sprays....?

Im in the process of buying T's for my funnypipe to attatch the rotors (RB3500), and spray heads (RB100 PRS). The heads require 1/2" FPT. Should i stick with 1/2" T reducers or should i use 3/4"...? I'll be using spiral barbed ells from RB to connect the funny pipe. I beleive the Funny pipe is 3/8 of an inch, but not sure. Pleae advise, Thanks

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Monday, September 8th 2008, 8:24am

It's not going to mater because the funny pipe is going to be the point of constriction. Whether you use a 3/4" barbed ell or a 1/2" barbed ell to feed a 3/8" tube isn't going to make a measurable difference.

I used 1" PVC for both my mainline and latterals. What I did, to save money and provide the most flexability, was to just purchase normal slip tees, elbows, and couplers with a bunsh of slip x FPT bushings. That way, I could turn any tee, elbow, or coupler into my funny pipe transition point. I could purchase the fittings at bulk discounts, and found that typically the cost of a "standard" fitting plus the slip x FPT bushing to be cheaper than a slip x FPT fitting.

Lowvolumejeff

Advanced Member

Monday, September 8th 2008, 10:28am

My 2 cents worth

Hi:

I prefer using swing joints on rotors. Many do use funny pipe, but it seems the swing joints do a better job supporting the rotors, and requiring less re-positioning. This may depend on soil type. So, in your situation, I'd use 3/4 inch Marlex threaded el's on each rotor.

I do use funny pipe on spray heads, and 1/2 inch is adequate. I use 3/4 inch. Probably overkill. Cost is virtually the same.

Jeff

Rate this thread