You are not logged in.

sprinkler_matt

Starting Member

Tuesday, September 9th 2008, 2:05pm

System Install questions/tips

I need some opinions..Should I go ahead and trench and install pvc and then go back and cut in Tees and install heads or should I wait until the heads and tee's arrive and do it as I go. I am using a trencher not a pipe puller/Vibratory plow.

Thanks!

Lowvolumejeff

Advanced Member

Tuesday, September 9th 2008, 5:33pm

Wait

Much easier to do it all at once.

Jeff

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Wednesday, September 10th 2008, 7:58am

I agree, WAIT!!!

PVD is pretty rigid, so to splice in Tees later, you either have to have a lot of pipe exposed so that you can bend it enough to get the Tees in, or you would have to make a bunch of 4 elbow bend repairs. Either way, you would wind up doing net MORE work to install the Tees later, and the piping would be less reliable.

Sunday, March 22nd 2009, 10:04am

need to wait!!

You want to see exactly where everything is going to be before installing a system. This is the only way to go!!

www.irrigationsolutions.com

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Sunday, March 22nd 2009, 12:59pm

Sorry for this comment, but you may want to ask a pro to watch the way they do it in your part of the country first. Your question is kind of scary because it shows what else you may not know. This is not rocket science, but if you could watch one go in you will be way ahead of the game. This may save you a lot of time and money.
I know you can do it. It can go in easy or hard. The first one is always hard.

I just wanted to throw this out there.

Dan

Good Luck
:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 10:31am

I would honestly consider the use of a vibratory plow. In the long run you're looking at less disturbance to the lawn and less time. Why do you want to go trencher?

debo

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 1:11pm

I would honestly consider the use of a vibratory plow. In the long run you're looking at less disturbance to the lawn and less time. Why do you want to go trencher?
Having homes in Northeast and Tx, Tx is 100% diff then new england..They love to dig trenchs downsouth..cheaper labor??? 8| ?( 8o

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 3:36pm

I guess, I know some area's dont allow for poly pipe- PVC only. Florida I believe? I couldn't even imagine doing it all by trench, I'll take my vibratory plow and the abiltiy to make great runs hundreds of feet long while turning!! Backsaver!!!