You are not logged in.

Unregistered

Friday, September 12th 2008, 4:48pm

hose fitting

I have an older Nelson Rain Train which has a 1 1/2 female hose fitting on the back. Does anybody know where I could find an adaptor or parts to make an adaptor to hook my standard sized 3/4 inch garden hose to this sprinkler?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 13th 2008, 6:35am

Why would you believe a standard garden hose could supply a full-sized Rain Train? What are you watering?

Unregistered

Saturday, September 13th 2008, 6:40pm

hose fittings

Because I switched out the large sprinkler head for a smaller standard sized sprinkler head for areas that don't need as much water.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 14th 2008, 5:21am

If you are watering small areas, use a smaller tractor sprinkler. Rain Trains are for football fields.

Lowvolumejeff

Advanced Member

Sunday, September 14th 2008, 10:07am

Idea

If you can restore it's original configuiration, I have seen them selling on eB^y between $400 - $700. You could use the profits to buy a nice tractor sprinkler for you yard. Matter of fact, since folks are often looking of parts, you coud probabbly sell like it is buy a new tractor sprinkler, and buy a nice dinner from the proceeds.

Just a thought. Jeff

Unregistered

Sunday, September 14th 2008, 11:50am

hose fittings

That would all be fine and good if I didn't still use it for large areas. You all are missing the point. I still like it and use it as it is at times. I just thought I could use it for smaller areas when I put the smaller sprinkler head on it. My question is not what to use it for in its original condition, or how to get rid of it. My question is simply where would a guy be able to find an adapter to to transition from the large female hose fitting on the sprinkler to a smaller standard hose fitting. Switching the sprinkler head back and forth it a simple 1 minute deal. I was just hoping to use the one Rain Train for different applications .

Lowvolumejeff

Advanced Member

Sunday, September 14th 2008, 6:06pm

simplest answer

OK, not easy to find. See if an irrigation supply house (like Ewing) can order one for you.

Sorry for the obtuse answers, but we often have questions that remind me of the fella who wanted to use an elephant gun to kill a fly, so our attempt is to steer them toward a fly swatter. Everybody wins, except the fly. :)

Sorry if I made that assumption.

Still might be easier to buy a smaller lawn tractor for the smaller areas.

Jeff

Unregistered

Sunday, September 14th 2008, 8:43pm

hose fittings

Thank Jeff,
I will give them a try.

Monday, September 15th 2008, 8:31am

Go to home depot and buy the reducing fittings in pvc.

Rate this thread