You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

OscarNav1

Tuesday, October 21st 2008, 12:09am

Design was not right, (Wintering issue)

Hi there, i have a quick question as to how to get all the water out of my Backflow preventer, Wilkins Brand, i beleive is the name of it. I could not find any blow out port, directly after the BFP. Earlier this summer i was in the process of adding 4 more zones, which i did. At the very end on the new mainline i ran, (T'd off the existing) i added a 1" T with FPT for my compressor adapter i have.

I have a way to blow out the system now, but don't i need to shut off the two ball valves the Backflow preventer has before blowing air through the system....? There is 4 bolts directly in the center of this BFP, that i have contimplated taking off and hand drying the inside of this unit, is this a good idea or are they not meant to be opened by the consumer..? Please advise how to approach this situation, Thanks.

Lowvolumejeff

Advanced Member

Tuesday, October 21st 2008, 10:14am

Blow out- more info please

Hi, Need to know what type of backflow. Is it a PVB, DCA, or RP? You told us it is a Wilkins, do you know what model number? If in doubt, try posting a picture. Thanks, Jeff