You are not logged in.

Plano80

Wednesday, November 5th 2008, 7:47pm

Spray head to use on side of house

I am trying to find the best spray head to use on the side of my house(between my house and house next to me) so it doesn't spray too much on the yard next to me. I have tried using 1/4 and 1/2 spray heads but could not reduce the flow enough. I have also tried a square pattern. That seems my best bet but are there any other spray heads I could use for this. thanks

Lowvolumejeff

Advanced Member

Wednesday, November 5th 2008, 10:34pm

Strip sprayers to the rescue

Hi. Your problem is one we encounter regularly.

To give you the best answer, some dimensions would be helpful.

That said, check out the various strip sprayer heads. Other options include triagular spacing using low angle 1/2 & 1/4 plastic or brass heads. Best choice depends on your area to be watered.

Hope these suggestions point you in the right direction. If you need more help, post the dimensions of the area to be covered, and you will get some other ideas.

Jeff

Plano80

Wednesday, November 5th 2008, 11:14pm

rough estimate would be from the edge of my house to where I need to water to is about, width 5 to 5.5 feet. Length which is not a problem is about 80 feet. I would like to water from the edge of my house outward if possible. thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, November 6th 2008, 3:07pm

rough estimate would be from the edge of my house to where I need to water to is about, width 5 to 5.5 feet. Length which is not a problem is about 80 feet. I would like to water from the edge of my house outward if possible. thanks
Try SST nozzles in a head-to-head spacing. Hunter makes them, among others, and they cover a 5x30 area. There are also left-hand and right-hand corner pattern with 5x15 coverage. You might want to use high-pop heads, in order to get a bit more throw for the 5-and-a-half-foot width.

Rate this thread