You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

manifold

Unregistered

Monday, March 23rd 2009, 12:26pm

Dura Manifolds

I'm installing a Dura manifold. The O-ring appears to seal the connection but should I also use Teflon tape. My thoughts were that by adding teflon tape it would secure the connection and prevent the male pipe from seating on the O-ring. I have found conflicting information on this and I want to install this without having to worry about leaks.

mrfixit

Monday, March 23rd 2009, 4:05pm

O-ring

Hi, the O-ring is all you need. I'm not a big fan of premade manifolds but if you gotta do it then you don't need the tape on what you've described.

manifold

Unregistered

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 9:41am

thank you! I was able to contact the manufacture and they said their fittings are made to be hand tight with no tape.