You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rjhuss

Tuesday, June 3rd 2003, 4:14pm

Low Angle Rotors - ???

I am designing my new sprinkler system and considering using all Low Angle heads. As I look around my neighborhood I see lot's of standard rotors with the water just " Blowing in the wind".

Is this a good idea?

Do LA' perform better in windy areas?

Are there any con's that I should consider before using LA's?

If so, what brand of LA rotors would you use? I have been looking at the Rainbird 5000's or the PGP's.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 3rd 2003, 7:03pm

I just installed 10 Rainbird 5000 Plus rotors with LA nozzles on them today. Rotors come with nozzles, most of the nozzles that come with the rotors have "standard" and "low angle" nozzles, so you just pop the LA nozzle in there, and then you have a low angle rotor.
I use them for instance, today I installed 5 Rainbird 5000 Plus rotors on a 20x80 strip. Low angle nozzles work for short distances and windy areas, like you mentioned. But better yet for shorter distances, I would recommend something like the Rainbird 3500 rotor, or the Hunter PGM.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 12th 2003, 5:16pm

If you want far distance, i would use the PGP rotor, or the 5000. The 5000 might be easier for you because the low angle and standard angle comes standard on the same rack, where as the PGP you have to order them as an additional charge

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread