You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

seboliveira

Starting Member

Monday, April 20th 2009, 9:43am

Replacement for a Rainbird RC 1260Bi

Currently my RC1260Bi goes through the cycle just fine but it will not start automatically, I always need to get it started then it works until it completes its cycle. The unit has worked great for many years but since it is no longer made. Can someone suggest a similar type of controller to replace the one that I have? I especially liked that it was very easy to program and operate.

mrfixit

Monday, April 20th 2009, 1:42pm

Repair timer

You can still get repair parts for that controller. Could be the 24 hour clock motor. Could be a chipped gear or broke off lever. If you're handy you could take the panel off and see if you can figure it. Irrigation supply houses have the parts you need. Such as, Hydroscape, Ewing and John Deere. They could also recommend someone to repair the controller for you or they might be able to send the controller in for repairs.

Good luck.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 21st 2009, 12:13pm

If the clock can complete a watering cycle, then it's a microswitch that is needed.

mrfixit

Tuesday, April 21st 2009, 1:12pm

So boots, you're saying it can't be a motor?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 22nd 2009, 5:12pm

The RC clocks only have two motors. The zone timing runs from the same motor that keeps the time of day. Completing a cycle would mean both motors work. A bad microswitch would prevent the fast motor from starting the watering cycle.

Rate this thread