You are not logged in.

bob c

Starting Member

Wednesday, April 22nd 2009, 3:32pm

Drip system valve

I want to add a drip zone with 50 +/- emitters at 0.5 GPH to my irrgation system. My rain bird clock has an unused connection and I have a 1 inch stubout in the main line to attach a valve to. The system does have a RPZ back flow valve. Just what do I want to get to connect water line to the 1/2" distribution line with the emitters in it? Thanks ?(

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 29th 2009, 1:37pm

You want something like one of these... http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Drip-Irrigation-Kits-s/2793.htm for your low-flow valve, filter, and pressure regulator.

From there, run PVC underground to where you want to use drip irrigation. The thing I did to protect pipes from weed-wackers, I used copper to transition from PVC underground to above ground pipes. I would use a street elbow to keep the copper low to the ground, and terminate at a 1/2" copper female. Then you just need something to transition from female standard pipe threads to the 1/2" drip line. And if you ever tear up any of the drip stuff, worst case you rip it all out back to the copper and start over from there.