You are not logged in.

Darrin

Friday, April 24th 2009, 10:22am

Creating a New Zone

I have an existing system with four zones. One of the zones has 9 rotary heads adjusted for the following: two 90, five 180, and two 360 degrees. I am considering creating a new zone which includes just the 360 degree heads because the nozzle is so large it decreases the pressure enough to where the output suffers on all the heads. My goal is to optimize the configuration so I get the same coverage from all heads (i.e. a 180 degree head will output twice the amount of a 90 degree head) My thinking is that the 360 head would have to output 4 times that of a 90 degree head and that is where I run into the problem. What are everyone's thoughts? Suggestions? Should I be configuring differently or is it feasable to create a new zone?

If I do create a new zone, what is the best way to go about doing this?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 25th 2009, 6:15am

First, rule out the possibility of tweaking the coverage on the existing zone.

Darrin

Friday, May 1st 2009, 9:00pm

That is where I run into trouble. I tried configuring based on what I described in my post for even coverage but after all the nozzles are installed instead of a spray I get a stream of water from the heads because there is not enough pressure. Maybe I am approaching this the wrong way? Do I add up the total GPM from all the nozzles I am using and make sure it is under the GPM my pump pushes out? Thanks for the reply Wet Boots

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 2nd 2009, 4:41am

Consider re-nozzling the heads. Go a size smaller. Maybe two sizes smaller.