You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jeremiahnola

Starting Member

Monday, April 27th 2009, 8:31pm

NEED HELP - Irrigation control valve box

The control valve box is filling with water and the ground all around it is really soggy. Do I need to completely replace the control valve?

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 29th 2009, 9:16am

You've posted your question in a News/Messages section.

It really needs to be under an approprate catagory such as "Valves & Wiring" http://www.sprinklertalk.com/wbb/index.php?page=Board&boardID=24

But to answer the question...

I would say that it all depends upon where the water is coming from.

If the valve box is filling because a valve has a leak when it is on, then the valve or the leak needs to be fixed/replaced. If the valve body is where the leak is, replacing the whole valve is likely the easiest. If the leak is between the valve and the water pipe, the connection or pipe needs to be fixed/repaired. If the valve is glued to the pipe and that joint has the leak, then the valve will still likely need to be replaced.

If the valve box is filling because it's sitting at a low point and it's simply because of run-off, then you need to modify your irrigation schedule to now put down so much water all at once. You want to avoid run-off (wasted water). You instead want just enough water so that it will all soak into the ground. So if you are currently running the irrigation system every other day for two hours, try instead every day for one hour.

If the valve box is filling because it's sitting at a low point and it's simply underground water filling the box, then there isn't anything you need to do (unless again you are over-watering the lawn). The valve is sealed and doesn't even HAVE to be in a box (you can bury them directly in the dirt, but that makes locating and repairing them a huge pain in the future). The electrical connections to the valvue SHOULD have been done with waterproof caps, so the water shouldn't be able to get into the wires. If not, then the wires are going to rust and eventually the valve qit working.

Coreen

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 27th 2009, 9:05am

finding bad solenoid

Good morning,

I have a section of sprinklers that do not come up. I've tried to find the solenoid but have not had any success. I was wondering if the PRO-48 - Armada Tech - Solednoid Activator / Chatterer would help me locate it.

Thank-you,

Coreen

richardmumaw

Starting Member

Thursday, June 25th 2009, 8:43am

my pro-c controller

My controller goes through my 5 zones but then starts over-I have used 3 button clearing and no times are in any other program other that a..Do I have it wired wrong?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 26th 2009, 8:55am

RE: my pro-c controller

My controller goes through my 5 zones but then starts over-I have used 3 button clearing and no times are in any other program other that a..Do I have it wired wrong?
Operator error. You have one start time only, no matter how many zones.

phoenixx

Unregistered

Sunday, August 16th 2009, 7:41am

Im not certain where to post this question so ... here goes

I have an irritrol rd600 system in my house with 3 zones.

Zone 1 (front yard) stopped functioning but the other zones worked.. i used a multimeter to check the output of the controller / timer and I get the same output on each of the zones.. approximately 20 - 24vAC when the timer tells each zone to turn on (this is relative to the vc (common) terminal.

I checked at the valve and it was a little low so i changed wire connections and it improved ( zone comes on most of the time...

My question is - is the system SUPPOSE to be outputting AC or DC to the valves...

The valves chatter - this is likely because they are getting AC from the controller...

Im guessing the controller should be outputting DC?

Can anyone tell me what their system does on these terminals..

My email address is phoenixx@oiptonline.net

phoenixx

Unregistered

Sunday, August 16th 2009, 8:47am

AC or DC to the valves (correct email address)

Im not certain where to post this question so ... here goes

I have an irritrol rd600 system in my house with 3 zones.

Zone 1 (front yard) stopped functioning but the other zones worked.. i used a multimeter to check the output of the controller / timer and I get the same output on each of the zones.. approximately 20 - 24vAC when the timer tells each zone to turn on (this is relative to the vc (common) terminal.

I checked at the valve and it was a little low so i changed wire connections and it improved ( zone comes on most of the time...

My question is - is the system SUPPOSE to be outputting AC or DC to the valves...

The valves chatter - this is likely because they are getting AC from the controller...

Im guessing the controller should be outputting DC?

Can anyone tell me what their system does on these terminals..

My email address is phoenixx@oiptonline.net

I wrote the wrong email addy .. it is phoenixx@optonline.net

k in cal

Starting Member

Monday, September 7th 2009, 10:57am

Do I need a new controller?

I just moved into a new house. The front yard is finished and I am in the process of finishing the back yard. The front yard has a Hunter Pro-c controller (outdoor) and has 4 stations attached. I will need around 4 to 6 stations for the backyard. Can I use this same controller for the backyard? I saw on-line a controller expansion module for the Pro-C that adds 3 stations.... is that what I need?

mrfixit

Monday, September 7th 2009, 3:18pm

Yes the Pro-C can be expanded to include the backyard valves. The Pro-C comes as a 3 station controller. Since you have 4 valves in operation now there must be an expansion module already in place. Probably a 3 station. You should have the capability now of running 6 valves or more. Open it up and take a look. The modules come in 3 and 9 stations. Buy accordingly. Before you install the new module uplug the controller and take out the back up battery. Otherwise the controller may not recognize the change.

Good luck!

bastrop

Starting Member

Thursday, October 1st 2009, 11:10am

rotor or spray

I have a small 10 foot strip about 120ft long next to my driveway. What is best rotors or sprays?