You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

skom

Friday, May 1st 2009, 1:51pm

Irrigation design

Hallo
I live in Poland and by coincidence I came accross your forum on the irrigatin system and I got inspired by what you write so I decided to set up such an irrigation system in my garden. After having read numerous publications on how to make an irrigation system on one's own I designed the project presented below:

PLease give me some pieces of advice what needs to be changed and what errors I made. I wonder if the number of 37 sprinkles for the area of 4300 square feet is sufficient. In case of any doubts feel free to ask me for further clarification.

P.S. here is the link to the pdf file of better quality#mce_temp_url#

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Friday, May 1st 2009, 4:43pm

nice job. you will need some type of backflow device.

first time eh.

you maybe a natural..

:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 2nd 2009, 4:48am

Looks okay from here, once you include a backflow preventer.

skom

Saturday, May 2nd 2009, 10:48am

Thank you for hints :)
And now "technical" question - the size of PE pipe is outer diameter, and size of barbed polly fiting (for this pipe) is outer too or mayby inner? eg. PE pipe is 1" - couple polly for this pipe is 1" or 3/4"?
Thanks in advance :)

PS. on Polish "tutorials" nobody writes about backflow :(

Sunday, May 3rd 2009, 7:25am

What is your water supply? You wouldnt need backflow if its a pond or a stream. If its a well or city water then yes youll need backflow. I have to commend you on your awesome layout and thought you put into your design. It looks very professional

skom

Sunday, May 3rd 2009, 12:32pm

Thank you for praising me for the layout :)
To make a backflow prevention do I have to change valves from SRV-101G to ASV-101? Is that all?
What about sizes of pipe and fitting from my previous question?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 3rd 2009, 9:18pm

In The United States we pretty much stick to the IPS or Iron Pipe Size. I am not sure who can answer your questions
on the pipe sizing. If elevation is not an issue you could leave your valves the same and install a pressure vacuum
before any of your valves. The only catch is that you have to install it 12" taller than any of your sprinkler heads.

Good Luck :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

skom

Sunday, May 3rd 2009, 10:29pm

Thank you hi.todd :)
1. To make the backflow prevention I have only to change the valves from SRV-101G to ASV-101 (if I decide to prevent by using antisyphon)?
2. Maybe sombody could help me to choose the body for MP Rotator - Hunter PROS-04 or RainBird 1804. (I decided to buy sprinklers, bodies for them, controler and rain sensor in www.sprinklerwarehouse.com - it's about half price than in Poland) :)
3. What shall I do if I want to instal automatic valve for winterization shall I use only one pc of "end lateral line drain" (http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Blazing-END-OF-LATERAL-LINE-DRAIN-p/hp1600.htm) for one zone (totaly I will need 3 pcs for my design ˜— see pic from my first post) or maybe several for one zone - e.g. for each end of pipe (totaly about 16 pcs). And now again about the sizes od pipes - this "end of line drain" is 1" - will it fit to 1" PE tubing (http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/14-011-Polyethylene-Tubing-1-p/14-011.htm) or to 1 1/4"?
Best regards skom :)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "skom" (May 3rd 2009, 10:43pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 4th 2009, 7:09am

Antisyphon valves are for flat properties, where the valve can be a foot higher than any sprinkler head it feeds. There is only one rock-solid choice for an antisyphon valve, and that is the Irritrol 2713APR (or 2711APR, with 3/4-inch connections) - it has the longest history of trouble-free operation, and will be repairable forever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Understand that we don't use the metric system in the US, so whatever you order might not thread onto European fittings.

skom

Monday, May 4th 2009, 10:25am

OK, OK, no more question about pipe size (btw. in Poland we use inches in pipes too!, not metric!)
Thank you for the hint about antisiphon valve.

Rate this thread