You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Schebs240

Sunday, May 3rd 2009, 6:48pm

Toro Super 600 a list of problems Help needed

Ok So I have a laundry list of problems I decided it's time to tackle the irrigation system this year. I bought the house a year ago so I don't know much about it. INFO

No I have not made any adjustments with any tools simply because I don't have the tool to do it with.

Toro Super 600, I believe 4" risors, 5 sections, all rotors Hunter control.

1. Where is the pump? lol I don't know.

2. Some sprinkles don't rise up why?

3. Some Don't go down I assume dirty?

4. Some have great pressure others have nearly nothing.

5. How do you find leaks. I shut the water supply off for days come back and turn the water on and system hasen't lost any water.

6. Can I replace the heads without digging them up?

7. Can I replace one head with a different brand?

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Thanks

Doug

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, May 4th 2009, 6:58am

The only no-digging replacement for a Super600 is a Super700, and that only works if the existing head is set deeply into the lawn, because the Super700 is about an inch taller.

water miser

Tuesday, May 5th 2009, 3:37am

1 do you have a well? pump may be a submersible

2 could be dirt,broken pipe,system not designed correct

3 could be dirt or if water keeps comming out could be stuck valve,wiring issue,controller issue

4 broken pipe,not designed correctly

5 let the zones run and look for water bubbling up

6 if you get exact replacement heads you should be able to unscrew the old head from the body and screw the insides of the new head into the body of the old

7 yes but to do it correctly the new nozzle should match the the percipitation rate and gpm"s @ whatever your working pressure is of the old one

Schebs240

Wednesday, May 6th 2009, 10:12am

Thanks

There appears to be no leaks, when the zone shuts off and the head stays up, the water is not coming out it just doesn't appear to have enough negative pressure to return.

I do not have a we'll I just have a box in my lawn with a bunch of wires.

Thanks for the info.

Doug

Rate this thread