You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Gary

Starting Member

Monday, June 9th 2003, 5:12am

Toro 570Z PRX worth the extra $?

I'm installing a new system in my yard, and have high pressure (85PSI static, 16 GPM at 50 PSI, 18.5 GPM at 40 PSI). I noticed that the Toro 570Z PRX sprinklers are designed with an internal regulator for higher pressure systems. Are they worth the extra dough?

GaryJ
GaryJ

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, June 9th 2003, 8:33am

Spend the extra dough to buy a Reduced Pressure PVB, then you can use the "regular pressure" heads.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 11th 2003, 8:07am

RVLI has a good idea, but are all your zones sprays???? You dont want reduced water flow and presswure if you have a zone of water. If you have abnormal pressure (i have about 80-105 psi) i install numerous amounts of heads ont he line. That way the pressure evens out. If you have a zone of sprays with 3-5 sprays then i would spend the money for the sprinkler head PRX.

Also run as many as you can with the GPM, if you really dont want to spend the money than you can buy regular heads anyway

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray

drpete3

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 14th 2003, 3:35am

If you are worried about the pressure being too high cant you just design your system with higher gpm nozzles and this will reduce the pressure. It is simple physics increase flow and lower pressure.

Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Monday, June 16th 2003, 10:37am

Yes, but the higher the flow also means the further the distance. I would buy regular heads and install the max amount for your gpm and you will be FINE!!

Thanks
Ray
Thanks
Ray

Rate this thread